- 3/4 cup birdseed (we got the seed for small birds at wal-mart)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 small envelope of knox gelatine
- twine or string
- cookie cutters, molds or mason jar lids
- wax paper
- mix together the envelope of gelatine with 1/4 cup of water and bring to a simmer while stirring. continue stirring until the gelatine is dissolved.
- remove from heat and let cool for a minute.
- stir in the 3/4 cup birdseed. adding a little more if there is liquid still in the bottom of the pan.
- lay your cookie cutters out on wax paper and fill half way with the birdseed mixture.
- cut your twine, knot the end and push the knot down into your birdseed.
- continue filling with birdseed, covering the end of your twine and knot.
- push the birdseed evenly into the cookie cutter until it’s full.
- allow them to dry overnight. turning them over every now and then.
- remove from the cookie cutters and hang them in your trees.
- then wait by the window to watch for your first guest.
The Link Up Party is for ideas and projects for summertime fun that you’ve created! The party starts Friday 12:01 AM (EST) or if you’re PST – 9:01 PM Thursday (tonight). Come back and share your awesomeness! I will choose my favorites to highlight over the weekend : )
Posted on July 21, 2011
Leave A Comment