I have the cutest, easy-to-make edible craft for spring or Easter. It is fun to create food crafting especially when it turns out cute and it’s not hard to make! This adorable, edible Easter Bunny is an easy DIY. Open up the lid and find candy inside!
It makes a perfect gift for your friends, neighbors, kids, and more… Check below for instructions and a video of how to make this adorable, edible bunny box (with candy inside).
Many years ago, I owned a candy store in a mall. It was a bulk-type candy store with 200+ bins of candy. It was pure fun. We sold balloons, beanie babies, handmade fudge, sugar-free chocolates, and darling gifts. My kids were young at the time, but they still talk about the candy store. I can honestly say our dentist loved our family : ) We used to make these white chocolate bunnies at the candy store and sell them at Easter.
I need to explain that I use the term white chocolate and candy melts interchangeably but they’re actually candy melts. White chocolate needs to have 20% cocoa butter to be real. White candy melts are commonly known as white chocolate. So that is why some call it white chocolate and some call it candy melts.
Don’t leave these in a warm car – they get soft quickly. Also, if you need to make a lot of them just make the bunny face (lid only). You’ll save time and money and still give a cute gift.
I’ve included instructions on how to make these adorable bunnies.
White Candy Melts
Edible Candy Icing Flowers
Bunny Mold face top lid only or Bunny Mold box container with Lid
White Pearl Luster Dust
Pink Luster Dust (colors the inside ears, cheeks and nose)
Candies to fill the bunny box – Jelly Belly Beans, M&M’s, etc.
Melt candy melts (Wiltons or similar brands) in the microwave. Follow directions on the package. Typically melt at 50% power.
It is ideally a smooth mixture when melted. However, if it comes in contact with a small amount of water, it will “seize” or turn into a grainy, clumpy mess. It will be thick and lumpy if you melt the candy too long (overheated).
Step 2: Spoon melted candy into mold. Be careful not to overfill the mold. Tap gently to smooth out melted candy and remove bubbles.
Step 3: Refrigerate or freeze until candy is solid and easily removable. Pop candy out of mold. If candy doesn’t pop out easily, it’s not ready. Give it a few more minutes in the fridge/freezer.
Step 4: Fill box with candy such as Jelly Belly Beans. Use pearl dust (luster dust) and brush on the entire bunny face with a make-up brush. Pearl dust is an edible sparkle powder. Purchase a make-up brush at the dollar store – obviously you don’t use this for your make-up : ) You can find Pearl dust can at Michaels or JoAnnes in the confectionery section. I used a cotton swab to place the pink pearl dust on the ears, cheek and nose. Handle the candy as little as possible.
Step 5: Glue (use melted candy) the candy flowers (icing flowers) on between the ears.
- One 12 ounce bag of candy melts makes 2 bunny boxes. I’m not sure how many bunny lids or tops it makes but I would guess around 8-10.
- If you are wanting to make a bunch of these, only make the bunny face top which is the lid. You will save a lot of money and some time by not making the entire bunny box. There are two different molds – one is to make a bunny face top lid (or lollipop) and one is to make the 3-dimensional bunny box with a lid. If you decide to make just the lid (or top of the bunny box), you don’t need to use the lollipop sticks. Just make without the lollipop stick and wrap the bunny lid in cello wrap. You can certainly make these into “lollipops” with a stick if you choose.
- Add a cute bow for a sweet touch. Purchase edible Easter grass or paper grass and place it in the cello bag. Such an adorable edible bunny box.
Did you know you can heat seal a CELLO bag with a curling iron
- Unique Delicious Lemonade Recipes
- Homemade Rubs and Summertime Grilling
- Our Complete Exterior Home Remodel!
- Unicorn Planner Free Printable
- 22 Watermelon Inspired Recipes
- Harry Potter Quidditch Bridal Shower Centerpiece
- Wood Slice Christmas Signs with Free Template
- Summer Camp: Free Printables for 3 Ring Binder Dollhouse
- Gorgeous Girl Baby Shower Dessert Tables
- Mary Poppins Party
- Resurrection Eggs The Story of Easter
- Capture a Photo Of Santa In Your Home!