This post may contain affiliate links that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission. Read our Disclosure Policy.
Organization is key for a functional laundry space. We recently built our custom home and I was able to put special touches in my laundry room. One feature my laundry room has is a pullout cabinet under the sink. Instead of having two doors that swing open, this has two doors that are attached to a drawer base. So from the front, it looks like a regular two-door cabinet that sits under an apron sink.
This laundry room sink cabinet idea is really brilliant and it’s a must-hack for cabinets. I can’t take credit for it. But many years ago, I installed a pullout cabinet under the sink in my last kitchen (about 8 years ago). It was one of my favorite features for organization and ease.
What’s so brilliant about it?
Pull-out cabinet drawers make storage and organization way easier! You can see everything at a glance from the top of the cabinet drawer instead of bending down and trying to find everything in the back of the cabinet. As we all know, whatever you are trying to find in a cabinet will always be on the bottom and in the back completely hidden ; ) I like items within arm’s reach without getting on my knees doing a search and rescue in the cabinet back. LOL!
It always amazes me how quickly under-the-sink cabinets can become a clutter disaster. It’s a junk/clutter cabinet waiting to happen. It’s way easier to organize with a cabinet pullout drawer.
The pullout cabinet has two cabinet doors with a “drawer” base screwed onto the cabinet doors. The pullout is via a cabinet Blum tandem slide. The drawer is 21” deep so we purchased a 21” slide (measuring the depth of your drawer determines the slide length)
The soft close drawer slide is an added touch to this cabinet. I have soft close slides on most of my pull-out cabinets. Measure the depth of the cabinet to determine the slide size to purchase.
Laundry Room Details:
- Quartz countertops were chosen for their durability, ease of upkeep, and the pretty factor. Quartz is Revera Quartz Oro Bella 3CM
- Pfister Faucet – Briarsfield 1-Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet in Polished Nickel (GT529-BFD). It states kitchen faucet but it’s perfect for my laundry room faucet.
- Bocchi Sink – CLASSICO 24 Farmhouse Apron Front Fireclay 24″ Single Bowl Kitchen Sink Model #: 1137-001-0120., White-001 Kitchen Sink Strainer – Model #: 2330 0001
- Floor Tile Home Depot MSI Capella Ivory Matte Tile
- Mapei White grout
- Palladian Blue Benjamin Moore is a soft blue-green paint color that infuses color and vibrancy yet it seems to create a soft palette that works. I love this paint color for my laundry room cabinets.
- Custom Cabinets – George Bishop Cabinets Lindon, Utah
Check the posts below to see other laundry room hacks and more details on this laundry room.
MORE IDEAS FROM MY LAUNDRY ROOM:
LAUNDRY ROOM DRYING RACK AND STORAGE SOLUTIONS
Tell me what your thoughts are regarding this laundry room hack. Do you have any hacks you want to share?