This post may contain affiliate links that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission. Read our Disclosure Policy.
I don’t think I have ever tried a carrot cake that I don’t like! So when I found the recipe for this carrot cake bread- I was so excited that I had to share! Find the recipe and instructions to make this moist and yummy cake below.
Are you a fan of carrot cake? I know that it can be an acquired taste for some! I think that the cream cheese frosting is my favorite part. After all, who doesn’t like cream cheese frosting?
Carrot Cake Loaf Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 1 hour
Carrot Cake Bread Ingredients:
- 1 ⅓ C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C canola oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 C grated carrots
- ½ C dried cranberries
- ½ C chopped walnuts
Cream Cheese Icing:
- ½ brick (4oz) cream cheese, softened
- ¼ C unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1 ¼ C powdered sugar
- 1 tsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
Carrot Cake Bread Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×3 loaf pan with pam baking spray
- Using a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt until combined
- Using another large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until combined
- Beat in the oil and vanilla until combined
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients into the wet until combined and smooth
- Fold in the grated carrots, cranberries and walnuts
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
Cream cheese frosting:
- Using a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth and combine.
- Gradually beat in the powdered sugar until combined
Beat in the heavy cream and vanilla until combined and smooth
- If the loaf has cooled pour the glaze over the top of the loaf. Allow to flow down the sides of the loaf.
- Slice to serve.
I hope you love this carrot cake bread! I also hope that it helps you get some veggies into your kiddos! Let me know what you think below.
More Yummy Recipes!
A favorite of mine and our neighbors is this pumpkin bread that can be made gluten free.
How about a no-bake peanut butter and banana cookie?