50 Ideas For Car Themed Boys Rooms

Decorating a boys room can be out-of-the-box fun since it allows you to use decorative pieces that wouldn’t work in most other rooms of your home. For instance – car tires made into a bed side table work in this kids room.  I hope all of the 50 ideas inspires you to do something creative for your little or big guy! Nascar theme bedroom

Classic boys room with a transportation theme. The rooms focal point is a pedal push car. Also, liking the hub caps hung as art above the beds. Paint colors are Sherwin-Williams – Red Bay (SW 6321), Iron Ore (SW 7069), Extra White (SW 7006). Image from here.
 Recycled tires turned into stools or side table.

Industrial shelves are an inexpensive solution to shelving in a car or industrial theme room. I love the grease stains on the wall and all the hubcaps.

How awesome is this filling station motor oil dresser?
Painted dresser with real working headlights.  Love how talented this couple is.
Car themed room for an older child.
 Sophisticated boys car theme room.

LOVING the cars repurposed into beds! This room (and the following 4 images) are from the V-8 hotel in Stuttgart, Germany. The rooms are designed to represent a gas station,  car wash, drive-in and garage. All images by Frank Hoppe.

Diamond Plate Wall Border can be purchased on rolls. Doesn’t this add the perfect accent for a car themed room?

Grunge Wall Decal
Have a lamp sitting around gathering dust? Restyle it! This car lamp is a quick and easy restyling project.

Vintage car nursery.

Tone on tone striped walls are a great background for hubcap wall art.

Vintage theme race car room featured here.
Recreate a vintage gas pump sign for the fraction of the cost of an antique one.

Car themes I’ve featured over the years…
Transportation Dresser
Truck Bedroom

Speedway Wall Art                                        Speedway Mural

License Plate Pickup Truck Wall Art                  Classic Car Art

Route 66 Highway Road Tin Sign          Retro vintage car signs

Vintage Racecar Decorative Accent Brushed Aluminum

auto wall clocks                      Winners Circle Stretched Canvas Art

Create a side table using two tires stacked on top of each other and place a round plexiglass on top of the tire.

Turn a tool chestinto a chest of drawers!
Vintage Car Metal Wall  Sculpture

car front end wall shelf

Checkered Flag window valance      car bedding

Tool Chest Dresser
Texaco Full Size Reproduction Gas Pump

Authentic looking “gas pump” chest of drawers.

Removable and reusable road wall stickers

Enjoy the post!

Posted on February 12, 2012

Categories: boy's nurseries, boy's rooms, stylish kid's rooms, teen boy's rooms

Comments

1. The Decor Girl says:
    February 13, 2012

Apparently cars turned into beds are popular. Creative use for old car parts. :)

2. designdazzle.blogspot.com says:
    February 13, 2012

It's awesome to see an old car turned into a bed. It sure is creative!

March 6, 2012

OMG!!! This is THE most amazing blog I've ever seen! The colors, the ads, the artistic detail, everything just ROCKS!! I stumbled on by accident and have read every single post, page, etc. I've been here for hours and loved every minute. I am so inspired to continue my pathetic excuse for a blog!! Question, maybe private but, how are the ads working for monetization?? sherriebrown191atgmail dot com

4. plumbing says:
    June 30, 2012

Those ideas were all great and reliable. This article will be helpful for many blog readers.

August 5, 2012

Hello, I was wondering if you had ever made bar stools out of hubcaps? My husbands granma past away and left him a Buick Riveria. A year ago the engine died and it would have coated a bundle, we need up donating it to a Oakland Children Hospital. But we kept the hubcaps and wants to have something built out of it. Any suggestions?

6. Car worker says:
    August 15, 2012

Looks very AWESOME!! My son so wants a room like this and I think that I will make a room like this for him!! He is a very very fan of cars like he likes car like Lamborghini and Ferraris and Holdens! But could you please tell me if you have any other suggestions to because my son has a pretty small room but I still want a room like that. Could you please tell me if you have any suggestions? Thankyou and these rooms look AMAZING!!!!

7. Garage Equipment says:
    September 22, 2012

These are really amazing rooms with really fantastic designs. If I was a boy, I would definitely love to stay in this room. It is like every boy's dream to have rooms like these.

8. childrens themed beds says:
    October 9, 2012

Children's themed beds are very attractive! Children can use them not only for sleeping, but also like great toys.

October 12, 2012

I agree they are great for both activities! Thank you for your comment!

10. phoenix painting says:
    November 12, 2012

OMG! This is unreal!

11. Krystal says:
    January 9, 2013

Where do you find the Head Name Piece for the Vintage Car Nursery? The Silver Car with the Name Jackson hanging.
    I want this so bad!!

12. Haley says:
    January 17, 2013

Hi, I love your website. It is so creative! I am having a baby boy in May and we are doing his nursery in antique/ vintage car type stuff and I love the license plate “M”. I also love the sign that spells out Mavrik! I was just wondering where I could find those or something similar? Thanks so much!

Haley Weyenberg

13. Used Cars says:
    June 3, 2013

This is really amazing. A pure die heart fan of car lovers.

14. Vianny says:
    November 23, 2013

I just need to know where can I find the wall hanging in the baby nursery that says Jackson, I am expecting and I want the baby’s room to be vintage cars and I love to do this in his room. I looked everywhere and cant find it :( please help

November 23, 2013

Sorry I do not know where to get it – wish I could help! The room was designed several years ago (not by me). Someone mentioned it might be an old pottery barn product.

Good luck!