I think the best thing about summer is being able to sit outside at night and enjoy the stars. Late last summer, I hosted an under the stars party for my daughter Audrey. By far the activity that the girls liked the best was the Shoot For the Stars Game. It is so easy and quick to make, your kids will be playing it all summer. I think it is also the perfect game for the FOurth of July. Just substitute the pink ribbon for red, white and blue.
- star cutout in 3 different sizes- I bought metallic ones from Party City but you could cut your own from poster board
- ribbon in your choice of color
- two five feet lenghts of PVC pipe and one six foot lenght- the store should cut it for you for free
- 2 90 degree ell pieces ( by the PVC)
- spray Paint- any color
- 2 metal rebar sticks about three feet long
- something to shoot the stars with- I used Marshmallow Guns from Target but you could also use Nerf guns, whiffle balls, bean bags, really anything
Using the five foot lenghts of PVC for the vertical sides and the six foot lenght of PVC for the horozintal top piece, build your frame by adjoining the pipes with the 90 degree ell pieces
Spray paint and let dry.
Hammer the metal stick into the ground six feet apart. You will need to leave about two feet above the ground.
Slide the vertical PVC post over the metal sticks
Hang the stars from the frames with the ribbon. Vary the height.
Time to play. Each child get a set amount of tries. The kids earn different points depending on which size star they hit. This activity is great for kids of all ages!
For more Under the Star ideas, party planning tips and holiday fun, visit me at Bloom Designs Online. You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Thanks again to Toni for inviting me to camp!
- Enter A Secret Playroom Hidden Behind Wardrobe Doors
- 20 Best Pool Toys For Summer
- The Most Fun Party Game Ever! Plastic Wrap Ball Game
- Fabulous Girls Horse Themed Bedrooms
- Simple Baby Shower Cakes Anyone Can Make!
- 15+ Awesome DIY Party Backdrops
- Gorgeous Girl Baby Shower Dessert Tables
- Glow in the Dark Water Balloons
- Boys Trucks And Tractor Bed Ideas
- 25 Amazing Loft Ideas -- Beds and Playrooms
- Summer Camp: Time Capsule
- Kids Parties: Easy Idea For The Ceiling