Family movie night is an easy night to plan and can be a fun tradition to start for your family – even teens can get into a family movie night. It is a great way to bond with your kids and start a new tradition. Make it a monthly or weekly event or even a birthday party theme.
Tips for a successful movie night:
- Print out darling invites for each member of your family. Set a time and date.
- Print the popcorn container boxes (shown above). Have your kids help assemble – most kids enjoy crafting and helping to create. A family movie night will not be complete without serving popcorn. I’ve had this simple stove-top popcorn maker for years – we LOVE it!!
- Pillows, blankets, bean bag chairs all help to make it a comfy movie night
- Let everyone know ahead of time that there will be an intermission. This gives everyone a chance for a potty break, and get snacks and drinks.
- Consider serving a theme food such as….
Licorice wands for a Harry Potter theme.
Since there usually isn’t much interaction during a movie, it’s important to take the opportunity to discuss and review the move after it’s over. Maybe your family can give it a rating on a scale of 1-10 or a thumbs up or thumbs down. How about any lessons learned from the movie?