This post may contain affiliate links that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission. Read our Disclosure Policy.
Do you shop at the dollar store? Do you typically shop for table decor there? I have to say as much as I do enjoy occasionally checking out what the dollar store has in stock – I haven’t done a full table setting with dollar decor. Except for now.
I share how I created the beautiful table setting and several hacks to make things prettier. It’s easy to create and best of all not too expensive. I just need to add our utensils and we are set to go.
At the very end, I share what it looks like adding greenery (I already had) to the tablescape.
Check out how I created a dollar store Christmas tablescape. I set this table for two people and spent a little under $38.
My shopping haul:
- Holiday dinner plates
- Red salad plates
- Holiday mugs
- Holiday napkins
- Holiday “wood” plaque
- Red birds
- holiday stockings
- taper candles (2 in a box)
- tea lights
- roll of ribbon
- framed mirrors
- floral berries
I used the dollar store tea lights as a base for the taper candles. I lit the tea lights and waited for about a minute or so and then placed the taper bottom into the melted wax of the tea light. Make sure to stand the taper candle straight and it will harden within 10-15 seconds.
This was so the taper candles could stand up on their own. I placed some candles in long stem glass candle holders. The glass candle holders aren’t made to hold the taper candles in place. So I came up with this candle hack!
Holiday Stocking Hack:
The stockings I purchased were wrinkled and cheap looking. I ironed them and added some ribbon, greenery and berries.
It’s amazing the difference between the before and after. Here’s the before – on the left and after – ironed on the right. Just ironing made a huge difference in the looks. See below to see what adding the extra’s look like.
The stocking made a great chair decoration. I also placed them next to the place setting. Which look do you prefer?
The Place Setting:
Gold chargers, napkins, holiday plates and red plates were used for the place setting.
- Place two holiday napkins at the top and bottom of the gold charge.
- Place holiday plate on top of the napkins
- Place red plate on top.
- Finish with decor. This “wood” sign was sold as a set. I cut them apart and hot glued greenery, ribbon and a red cardinal to add the right touch!
Framed mirrors were placed in the center of the table. I’m not sure if I liked it framed or unframed. I took off one of the frames and it was a toss up for me. So I placed the unframed in between the two framed mirrors.
Place the candles on top of the mirrors.
Shop your home:
Here’s what the tablescape looks like with greenery added. I did not purchase this at the dollar store. I’ve had it for a few years. Just wanted to show you what adding something you already have can make a big difference. I do like it better with the greenery added.
How do you like the table setting with dollar store items? I created really pretty plates for a Wonderland Glam Party using dollar store plates. You will love how these turned out.
- Simple Easter Table Decor
- 33 Cute Valentine's Day Recipes For Kids
- Minnie Mouse Valentine's Cookie Pops
- Harry Potter Quidditch Bridal Shower Centerpiece
- Kitchen Remodel Final Reveal
- Summer Camp: Free Printables for 3 Ring Binder Dollhouse
- Easy St. Patrick's Day Breakfast Idea - Free Printable
- Cookie Baking Party Ideas
- Save Time and Store Your Decorated Christmas Tree!
- Gorgeous Girl Baby Shower Dessert Tables
- Halloween Birthday Party
- Make Your Own Childrens' Nativity Set!
Leave a Reply