This post may contain affiliate links that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission. Read our Disclosure Policy.
Christmas: Footprint Penguins! How cute is this group of penguins in their little hats and scarves? Doesn’t the shape of their bodies look familiar? That’s right, they’re footprints! I made this adorable canvas wall hanging for the grandparents last year using the footprints of all the grandchildren.
- plain artist’s canvas ( I had a lot of footprints, so I used a 12″ x 24″ one)
- two pieces of blue cotton fabric for the background (mine had small prints that somewhat resembled the snow and sky)
- black cotton fabric for the footprints (mine had a subtle dot pattern)
- scraps of fleece or felt for the penguin accessories
- Heat’n Bond Ultra Hold Iron-On Adhesive
- acrylic paint for the eyes
- snowflake buttons (optional)
- iron and hot glue gun
1. Iron the Heat’n Bond to the wrong side of the blue fabrics. Overlap the two fabrics slightly to form the “ground” and the “sky”. (I cut a slightly wavy line where the two colors met.) Cut your fabric a few inches larger than the size of your canvas. Peel off the paper backing and iron your pieces directly to the front of the canvas. Wrap the excess fabric around the sides to the back and hot glue in place.
I hope you enjoyed our little project. I really believe it’s simple and heartfelt gifts like this Footprint Penguin canvas that truly make Christmas Wonderful!
- 15 Ways to Style a Dough Bowl For Fall
- 15 Fall Foyer Entry Ideas
- Budget-Friendly Fall Decor Accessories
- Harry Potter Quidditch Bridal Shower Centerpiece
- 11 Harry Potter Themed Halloween Ideas
- Unicorn Valentine Card Box
- Mickey and Minnie Mouse Valentine Card Box + Free Printable
- Christmas Pajamas : Ideas for the Whole Family
- Santa's Special Delivery Gift Tags
- Gorgeous Girl Baby Shower Dessert Tables
- Capture a Photo Of Santa In Your Home!
- DIY: Princess Castle Headboard