This post may contain affiliate links that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission. Read our Disclosure Policy.
Christmas: Footprint Penguins! How cute is this group of penguins in their little hats and scarves? Doesn’t the shape of their bodies look familiar? That’s right, they’re footprints! I made this adorable canvas wall hanging for the grandparents last year using the footprints of all the grandchildren.
- plain artist’s canvas ( I had a lot of footprints, so I used a 12″ x 24″ one)
- two pieces of blue cotton fabric for the background (mine had small prints that somewhat resembled the snow and sky)
- black cotton fabric for the footprints (mine had a subtle dot pattern)
- scraps of fleece or felt for the penguin accessories
- Heat’n Bond Ultra Hold Iron-On Adhesive
- acrylic paint for the eyes
- snowflake buttons (optional)
- iron and hot glue gun
1. Iron the Heat’n Bond to the wrong side of the blue fabrics. Overlap the two fabrics slightly to form the “ground” and the “sky”. (I cut a slightly wavy line where the two colors met.) Cut your fabric a few inches larger than the size of your canvas. Peel off the paper backing and iron your pieces directly to the front of the canvas. Wrap the excess fabric around the sides to the back and hot glue in place.
I hope you enjoyed our little project. I really believe it’s simple and heartfelt gifts like this Footprint Penguin canvas that truly make Christmas Wonderful!
- 33 Cute Valentine's Day Recipes For Kids
- Minnie Mouse Valentine's Cookie Pops
- DIY Holiday Truck
- Unicorn Planner Free Printable
- Harry Potter Bridal Shower
- DIY Styrofoam Cup Floam
- How To Make a Large Christmas Tree Topper
- Make Faux Birch Logs Using Pool Noodles
- Mary Poppins Party
- Candyland Dessert Table Ideas
- Santa Sacks: Simplify Christmas With A Wonderful Family Tradition!
- DIY: Princess Castle Headboard
So cute! Forget the grandparents, I might have to make one for myself! Pinning this!
Such a clever idea. Thank you for sharing Laura!!
Sharon Dawn says
I love this idea! Personal and so cute!! Thanks for sharing!
Study MBBS in Philippines says
Great Post…Simply loved it
Toni - Design Dazzle says
It is such a cute idea!