It’s the Most Wonderful Time of The Year home tour!
My home decor this year was inspired by plaid ribbon I purchased at Michaels Stores. If you saw my Santa’s Cabin in the Woods Tree, you are already familiar with my Christmas tree. Now I’m sharing the rest of my Christmas decor. This post contains affiliate links at no additional cost to you. For further details, please see our disclosure policy.
Inexpensive decorating tips for Christmas:
- I purchased a thin blanket at IKEA and cut it lengthwise to create drapes. A glue gun and 3M hooks made it easy to make and hang. So the black and white plaid drapes is actually a blanket!
- The red plaid pillows was a tablecloth purchased at a grocery store for $12. Yep, true story!! I used old couch pillows and covered them with the tablecloth. No sewing was involved in making these. I used the glue gun!
- Shop your home for decor items that can be used in your Christmas decor. The fishing bait bucket on my mantel works perfect for Christmas decor.
- Make a DIY wood sign for your mantle. Easy to make and cheap.
- Hang a wreath on a mirror – use 3M strips. I purchased the wreath at Walmart for $5.
- I checked my Christmas box for extra decor and found some more faux greenery/berry picks . I added these to the top of drapes using wire.
- See my tutorial for faux birch logs made from foam pool noodles or plumbing insulation.
Free printable Key for Santa
Pictures in the evening time…
The reason we celebrate Christmas…
More Christmas decor tips to see…
Posted on December 22, 2014
Leave A Comment