This post may contain affiliate links that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission. Read our Disclosure Policy.
The Holidays are here!
I am so excited for all the festivities and to be on Design Dazzle.
I am Alexis from, Jacolyn Murphy Designs,
where I share simple and special ways to celebrate everyday.
Our family loves to make terrariums
and this we year decided to make a Winter Wonderland…
Simple, pretty and festive.
They are like a little snapshot of life…
This one will be in our kitchen, so for the Christmas Tree,
I purchased a small rosemary plant.
It was not in the ideal “Christmas Tree Shape”.
I used green craft wire to gather the plant in at the bottom and gave it a good trim…
In our large glass fish bowl,
I lined the bottom with rocks for drainage, topped with potting soil and inserted the tree.
A sudden storm of translucent decorative “filler”
(available at Michael’s in the floral section, white, clear or glittered beads would work well too)
gave a our terrarium a beautiful fresh layer of snow.
Amazingly, a family of deer appeared,
along with giant pearl snowflakes…
and a sled full of gifts,
had the fawns excited for Christmas
We can be a little like the Griswalds when it comes to Christmas Lights,
I couldn’t resist adding a little flash for evening viewings.
(a Christmas Light necklace that I got at the hardware store, did just the trick)
May your Christmas be Merry and Bright!
I remove the lights and sled when I gently mist the terrarium for watering every few days.
After the holidays I will replant the rosemary out in the garden.
- 30 Most Amazing Christmas Wreaths
- How to Make a Christmas Centerpiece
- 15 Ways to Style a Dough Bowl For Fall
- Harry Potter Themed Gift Ideas
- Fall Home Tour
- Harry Potter Quidditch Bridal Shower Centerpiece
- 15+ Awesome DIY Party Backdrops
- A Letter to Kids: Santa is Real
- How To Make a Large Christmas Tree Topper
- Make a Giant Mushroom Prop For Party Decor
- Capture a Photo Of Santa In Your Home!
- Santa Sacks: Simplify Christmas With A Wonderful Family Tradition!