I updated our hall bathroom – yippee!! Since we have 4 bathrooms in our home this bathroom isn’t used that much with just the two of us. It had the dreaded carpet in the bathroom. Yikes. Carpet just doesn’t work in a bathroom. I found a nice tile I liked at Home Depot and decided to get it done with new flooring- finally!
The biggest cost of this bathroom update was the tile flooring and the light fixture. Home decor was added to make the room pretty!
This is what the bathroom looked like before. It’s a pretty simple bathroom with a wonderful round window! Scroll down to see the fresh bathroom update.
The white carpet was stained so I placed a rug over the stains.
What we updated and didn’t update:
- Home Depot grey rectangle 12″ x 24″ tile replaced the old worn carpet.
- A new toilet was installed.
- I decided to go with gold accents in this bathroom.
- The paint was neutral and tranquil and is in good condition. So we decided not to update the paint.
- The light fixture was very dated (no picture) and we updated with a modern fixture that I love.
- No shower curtain was hung because there is no shower just a tub. Besides I wouldn’t want to hide that beautiful window.
- Decor was purchased at HomeGooods and At Home. Great stores to find home decorations.
- New towels, candles, silk florals, soap and lotion dispenser, gold tray and a grey rug were purchased at both stores. I just love florals in a bathroom. Each of my bathrooms have florals.
- Cute sign “Throw kindness around like confetti” was found at Hobby Lobby.
- I thought about doing wallpaper on one focus wall but decided I liked the simplicity of the paint.
- The gold knobs are in good shape and classic so I left these in place. But knobs can really update cabinetry especially if the cabinet has old dated knobs.
- The faucet is in perfect condition and is the right color so no need to get a new one.
Close-up of the flooring. Grey rug from At Home.
So there you go a pretty simple updated bathroom. That looks so much better! What have you done to a bathroom to make it more fresh and inviting?