This post may contain affiliate links that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission. Read our Disclosure Policy.
Hello Design Dazzle readers! I’m Holly from Paisley Petal Events and I’m happy to be here today sharing a fun DIY decor idea as part of this awesome Christmas Wonderful series.
I’m wanting to add some more gold into my Christmas decor and I’m totally into polka dots and stripes right now, so I came up with these DIY polka dot letters, which will fit perfectly on my mantel below our TV that’s mounted above our fireplace.
The supplies for this little project are pretty simple: paper mache letters, spray paint, acrylic paint and round sponge daubers.
The first step is to spray paint your letters in your color of choice.
Once your letters are dry, pour some acrylic paint into a small container and use your circle paint sponge to add the polka dots to your letters. For this project I used a 1 inch circle sponge.
I used my sponge and went over each polka dot twice to make the gold more dark.
Here are my finished letters displayed on my mantel. Now I have 1 area of my house decorated for Christmas, yay!
I’m a wife and mom to three cute kids living in Utah. I love pretty paper, collecting fonts, and finding fun party supplies. I blog about party ideas and entertaining to provide unique inspiration for every occasion.
- 33 Cute Valentine's Day Recipes For Kids
- Minnie Mouse Valentine's Cookie Pops
- DIY Holiday Truck
- Harry Potter Themed Gift Ideas
- 15+ Awesome DIY Party Backdrops
- Christmas Pajamas : Ideas for the Whole Family
- A Letter to Kids: Santa is Real
- Gorgeous Girl Baby Shower Dessert Tables
- Make a Giant Mushroom Prop For Party Decor
- Paper Plate Peppermint Tutorial
- Gender Neutral Bird-Inspired Nursery
- Make Your Own "Scratch-Off" Fathers Day Card