Friends, do you enjoy super simple and super cheap gift ideas that are totally awesome??!! Well, I certainly do! Today I’m sharing an INEXPENSIVE Halloween treat container. This DIY project is easy! And look how cute it is? I make these gift containers using Peat Pots which can be found at the hardware store, Wal-Mart, Home Depot or here for rather cheap. These little pots are biodegradable and are made to transplant seedlings. Unlike a clay pot they are lightweight and don’t break when you drop them. With our free printable and some Halloween treats to top it off you will have a darling and fun gift to hand out to your neighbors, friends, co-workers or your child’s school teacher.
How to make a…
DIY Halloween Treat Container – Free Printable
- 3 inch and 5 inch peat pots (peat pots are inexpensive to purchase at your local garden center, Wal-Mart, etc. The prices shown on Amazon are more for bulk pricing)
- black crepe paper roll
- pipe cleaners
- craft paint – I used a warm white
- foam brush
- optional – coffee filters
- glue gun
1. Paint the peat pot with a creamy color craft paint. I paint the outside only. Let dry.
2. Using your fingers “pleat or ruffle” the crepe paper and hot glue to the inside of the peat pot. Glue about 1/2 inch below the top rim. Go all the way around the perimeter of the pot. I did a 2nd ruffle to add height.
3. Glue the ribbon around the top of the pot.
4. Use 3 pipe cleaners and “braid” them together. Braiding creates strength and a thicker handle. Wrap the ribbon around the pipe cleaners using hot glue as you go.
5. Hot glue the pipe cleaner/ribbon handle to the top inside of the pot.
6. Cut out the witches hat or other printable and attach with glue to the front.
The white ruffles shown are coffee filters placed inside the pot. They make a good filler to place treats inside.
Fill the treat container with your favorite goodies.
The “Halloween Witch” printables are FREE and available for immediate download by subscribing to Design Dazzle!
To receive this free printable – enter your email address in the box below and click submit. Make sure to check your inbox for an email from Design Dazzle. You will have access to all of our FREE printables and also will receive an email newsletter filled with lots of great information. Don’t worry your email address will never be sold.
Printable files are for personal use only. They are not for commercial use.
This post was originally featured on Eighteen25 9/23/2014
Affiliate links are included in this post.
- Our Complete Exterior Home Remodel!
- 20 Best Pool Toys For Summer
- Delicious Strawberry Bread
- Harry Potter Themed Christmas Tree
- DIY Gold Foil Bridal T-Shirts Using The Cricut
- Summer Camp: Free Printables for 3 Ring Binder Dollhouse
- How To Build A Sliding Wall
- Christmas Tree Decorating Tips & Hacks
- How To Create Designer Ribbon Using A Glue Gun
- Neutral Fall Tablescape
- 10 Best DIY Birthday Banners
- Ahoy Matey! -It's A Pirate Birthday Party