Whirly lollipops are always a huge hit with kids but we revamped them with this DIY: Cute Halloween Whirly Lollipops project. We found black and white swirled lollipops which were PERFECT for Halloween. Then we added some orange, white/black polka dot crepe paper and ribbon and there you have it! The darn cutest lollipop anyone ever did see!
Orange Crepe Paper
– Gel Glue
– Variety of Orange, Black and White Ribbons
– Hot Glue Gun
1. Cut a 1/2″ wide strip of orange crepe paper. Cut 1 1/2″ wide strip of black with polka dots crepe paper.
2. Using gel glue, gather the orange crepe paper and glue it to the back of the lollipop so that it peaks out from behind the lollipop.
3. Using the gel glue, gather the black with polka dots crate paper and glue it behind the lollipop and orange crepe paper so that it shows behind the orange crate paper.
4. Cut out a circle from the cardstock and glue it to the back of the lollipop to secure the crate paper in place.
5. Next hot glue the longer wooden dowel to the lollipop stick. Wrap it with ribbon to secure it.
6. Glue the orange fringe wrapped around the stick.
7. Tie a cute bow using the different orange and black ribbons to glue in place at the bottom of the lollipop and top of the stick.
I love these Halloween lollipops so much I decided to use them as decorations in my Halloween tree! It would also be fun to have your kids or grandkids pick their lollipop out of the tree for their special Halloween treat. There are so many things you can use these lollipops for such as class parties, Halloween house parties, gift for a friend, really you name it. It is always fun to receive something that looks like there was a lot of work put into it, but we won’t tell them our little secret… it is actually super easy!
This post contains affiliate links.