Hello Design Dazzle readers! This is Dawn from Revel and Glitter and I’m thrilled to be returning for a fifth time as a Camp Counselor! It’s the first day of summer and I’m so glad it is officially here. When I found these plates from Oh Happy Day!, not only did they scream summer fun, they had to have a party table created around them.
I pulled lots of great inspiration just from the plates’ design; a unifying idea is always a great way to focus your design scheme. Even if it is a color or a pattern, unity is always a good thing to make your table look fabulous with very little work.
- Inflatables are not just for the beach! Clustering a variety of beach balls (I found my minis at Oriental Trading) and other fun summer themed inflatables are a great and inexpensive way to create a centerpiece.
- Layering your look is also another design secret…from the palm leaf ‘placemats’ to our ants (always crashing a picnic), adding layers creates visual interest and depth.
- Find inexpensive picnic and BBQ items like cute condiment bottles to do double duty as decor…
- Paper straws always make everything better…the watermelon ones from Sweets & Treats are perfect summer sippers, especially with a cloud paper punch added.
- I love to send guests home with a little thank you; my ketchup and mustard pen and highlighter sets are no longer available but anything from small jars of your homemade rub or sauce to themed erasers are always appreciated.
Revel and Glitter is a creative lifestyle and entertaining blog started in 2008 and dedicated to the philosophy that every event is a celebration…and you don’t have to break the bank to do it! Like what you saw today? For more unique content, recipes and DIY ideas, check out the blog or follow on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter.
Make sure to check out all of our fabulous past summer camp posts!