This post may contain affiliate links that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission. Read our Disclosure Policy.
Paper flowers are such an easy creation you can make with tissue paper. They’re fun, vibrant and colorful – a great way to decorate for a party or room decor. Martha Stewart sells the pom pom kit – if you would like to purchase the kit. Remember the darling nursery room post last week with all the flower pom poms? In case you didn’t see:
Here are easy step-by-step instructions to make giant paper flowers:
Take 10 sheets of tissue paper – lay on a flat surface. I used 20″ x 30″ sheets. Starting at the short end, make a fold at least 1.5 inches wide. Simply fold accordion-style – flip tissue stack over and make another fold. Continue folding until you get to the end of the tissue. Make sure to press firmly creasing with each fold.
Wrap a pipe cleaner (or florist wire) tightly around the center of your folded tissue.
Make two cuts at the very end of the stack to make a point or round it – depending on the look you want. Repeat on the other end.
Gently pull each piece of tissue towards the center of the flower, separate each tissue sheet from the others one at time. Fluff and fiddle with until the desired shape is found. These flowers are approximately 18″ in diameter.
- 15 Fall Crafts for Adults
- Our Complete Exterior Home Remodel!
- It's An Adorable, Edible Easter Bunny! D-I-Y
- Kitchen Remodel Final Reveal
- Farmhouse Bathroom IKEA Style
- How to Decorate a Thanksgiving Table + Free Printable
- Santa's Cabin in the Woods Christmas Dream Tree
- Free Halloween Printable: Mr. Sodahead
- Party Tip: Use a Curling Iron to Heat Seal Bags
- Gender Neutral Bird-Inspired Nursery
- Vintage Snowman
- Make Your Own Childrens' Nativity Set!