I am excited to share our fireplace remodel with you! We shared a sneak peek of it in my post about cleaning a gas fireplace and today I’m sharing the before and after photos!
Let’s get started with the before photo – the carpet, light wood mantle, scroll overlay, plain tile, and brass fireplace trim all contribute to a boring, dated look.
Here’s some progress! Removing the scroll overlay really helped clean up the lines of the fireplace and give it a more classic feeling. We also pulled up the carpet and padding and removed the tile fireplace hearth. The drywall was repaired above the mantle. Because we removed the flat screen TV mounts. I’m personally not a fan of the television above the fireplace. I don’t like viewing the TV looking “up”. I like my TV viewing sitting from the couch with the TV at eye level.
Next, we removed the old tile and taped over the outlet and fireplace to protect them from the paint. The color we used for the mantle is Benjamin Moore White Dove.
Here’s a look at the new flooring and tile.
The tile I chose is Calacatta Marble Honed Tile. We installed random linear tiles that came already placed and cut on mesh. But there are several options to choose from, as shown below.
Next, we updated the brass trim on the gas fireplace. We sprayed the brass trim with Rustoleum High Heat Spray Paint Flat Black.
We removed the trim from the glass doors, sprayed it black then replaced it.
And now the after photo!
I love how the fireplace turned out. It is a classic style that will be current for years. This photo image is sharing my Valentine’s theme decor.
Here is a look at my fireplace decorated for Fall.
Note: There are no building requirements in my area to install a stone or brick hearth so we opted to install the wood flooring all the way to the fireplace. Be sure to check your local codes before starting any remodel projects!
- Enter A Secret Playroom Hidden Behind Wardrobe Doors
- Tips for Styling A Summer Front Porch + Summer Welcome Free Printable
- Family Room Reveal Before and After
- Parade of Home Ideas - Wasatch County
- Harry Potter Themed Christmas Tree
- Wood Slice Christmas Signs with Free Template
- Mrs Claus Cottage Christmas Tree
- DIY: Rustic Letters With Flowers
- How To Clean Floor And Ceiling Vents In The Dishwasher?
- DIY Styrofoam Cup Floam
- Shabby Chic Mom Cave Bungalow
- FREE Paper Doll Printables - The Nativity, Santa's Helpers and more!