Looking for a yummy Easter dessert? Look no further! These Easter Chocolate Chip Cookie Squares are darling and delicious!
Our family loves to eat yummy desserts on Easter- I feel like yummy desserts go great with Easter Brunch! What about you? These Easter chocolate chip cookie squares are so colorful and festive! These are even a dessert you could include the kiddos in making. Find the recipe for these chocolate chip cookie squares and all of the instructions below.
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ½ C white sugar
- ⅓ C brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 lg 3 egg
- 1 ½ C all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- Rose colored food coloring gel
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Beat butter on medium until smooth. Beat in sugars and vanilla.
- Add egg and beat again. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Beat until combined.
- Add food coloring. (Dip a toothpick into the food coloring and wipe into the dough.)
- Beat until distributed evenly, don’t overbeat.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread in a square 9×9 pan.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, until the edges begin to brown and start to pull away from the edge of the pan, and the middle is no longer doughy.
- Let cool and cut into 9 squares.
Due to the food coloring in the dough, it’s harder to see “browning” in the oven, so make sure to pay attention to doneness.
- 1 C heavy cream
- ¼ C sugar
- Purple food coloring
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer with a whisk attachment, combine heavy cream and sugar.
- Whip on medium until a little thickened, about 20 seconds.
- Add about 5-7 drops of food coloring.
- Continue to whip until thick, about another 40 or so seconds.
Do not over beat.
ASSEMBLING THE EASTER COOKIE SQUARES:
- Cookie squares
- Purple tinted whipped cream in a pastry bag.
- Easter candy like Peeps and Hershey’s Kisses.
- Decorate each square with whipped cream.
- Top with candy.
I hope you enjoy making this fun Easter chocolate chip cookie with your family and I hope your Easter is fabulous!