Santa’s Key is a very special tool. A MAGIC tool that only works on Christmas Eve. I’m Bri, of Parties With A Cause, and so excited to be your host for today’s Christmas Wonderful craft.
If you’ve never heard of Santa’s Magic key, you’re in luck, cause we’re making one here today!
What is Santa’s Magic Key?
For children who live in homes without a chimney the subject of Santa can cause great distress. Santa’s key is the solution to this architectural dilemma by providing magic means for Santa to open your door on Christmas Eve.
Children in apartments, condos, townhouses, trailers, and tents can breathe a sigh of relief knowing they won’t be passed up by the Man in Red.
Santa’s Key Supply List
- Metal or wood skeleton key
- White Yarn
- Iridescent Eyelash Yarn
- Silver Polka Dot Ribbon ⅛″
- White and Silver Stripe Ribbon ¼″
- Silver and white Baker’s twine
- Red and white Baker’s twine
- Printable Santa’s Magic Key Poem
- Hard cover book approximately 5″ wide
- Craft Scissors
How to Make Santa’s Key
If you can find a reproduction skeleton key, they are beautiful in themselves. So if you’re pressed on time, or materials are scarce, feel free to tie on a tag and gift away.
But Christmas is a time of magic, so let’s create a beautiful tassel keychain worthy of Santa!
Magic Key Tassel Keychain
- First, wrap your yarn around a hard cover book 20-30 times. Choose a book the finished length you are looking for.
- Next, add different ribbons and textured yarn to add dimension and interest to your tassel
- Then, use the space opposite the book binding to thread a length of yarn and tie off tightly in the center.
- Next, trim the bottom loops and cut angles on the bottom of each ribbon
- Finally, comb the yarn and ribbon with your fingers and tie with baker’s twine 1-½″ from the top
Printable Magic Key Poem
Once your tassel is complete, add a ribbon if desired to the base of the knob and tie your pretty key to the ends. Print and cut Santa’s Magic Key Poem and attach to key using additional twine.
Santa’s Key Gift
This Santa’s Key Christmas tradition makes a wonderful gift for any family you know without a chimney. Just think of the delighted children who will no longer have to worry about Santa finding their house! Give them the gift of belief, hope, and wonder this Christmas. Why not spread a little magic!?
Thank you Toni for allowing me to share a little of our magic with you here today. I’m always on the lookout for ways to make our celebrations more intentional. I love shifting the focus of events to giving instead of receiving and adding as many healthy party foods as I can find!
If you try it, I’d love to hear about it, and if you share photos, I want to see it too! Please tag us @partieswithacause on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. We love celebrating all your hard work!
Happy Holidays my new friends!
Bri Adams, Party Maven & Chief Change Maker
We are so thankful to Bri for joining our 11th annual Christmas Wonderful!