Check out these very easy Paper Straw Snowflake Ornaments that the entire family can make!
Hi Everyone! This is Melanie from Artzy Creations and I’m so excited to be part of Toni’s, Design Dazzle Christmas Wonderful 2015. The Holidays are the perfect time to get everyone involved in making festive decorations for the house. At our house during the holidays, we always have some sort of craft going on whether it be making popcorn garland, decorations for the window, or making more ornaments for the tree, there is always something. And since my youngest daughter is still pretty young, I try to make the crafts doable for all ages. These Paper Straw Snowflakes are a great craft for all ages. What’s best about this craft too, is that is really inexpensive and only takes two straws per snowflake to make them. Let’s get started and see just how easy these adorable snowflakes are to create.
- Variety of Paper Straws
- Hot Glue or Low Temp Glue Gun For Kids
- Hot Glue Gun
- Twine or Ribbon to Hang the Snowflake
Step 1: Taking two straws, cut them both in half. You will have four straw pieces.
Step 2: Taking your scissors, cut the ends of the straw just a little bit. Work your way around the tip of the straw, cutting a little section at a time.
Step 3: Make an X with two straws and hot glue them in place. Slightly squeeze the middle of the straw. This will flatten the center of the straws a little bit so they will stack and glued easier.
Step 4: Hot glue another straw vertically down the center of the X that you just made.
Step 5: Hot glue the other straw horizontally across the snowflake to finish it off.
These really are just that simple that they come together in a matter of minutes.
Aren’t these just the cutest? You could also leave these up in the window for the entire winter too.
Have fun making these Paper Straw Snowflakes with the entire family!
If you like the Paper Straw Snowflakes, check out these fun projects as well:
- 20 Best Pool Toys For Summer
- Delicious Strawberry Bread
- It's An Adorable, Edible Easter Bunny! D-I-Y
- Unicorn Planner Free Printable
- How to Make a Balloon Garland
- Christmas Kitchen Tour
- How To Build A Sliding Wall
- Save Time and Store Your Decorated Christmas Tree!
- Super Bowl Party Activities for Kids
- Make a Giant Mushroom Prop For Party Decor
- Candyland Dessert Table Ideas
- Santa Sacks: Simplify Christmas With A Wonderful Family Tradition!