This post may contain affiliate links that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission. Read our Disclosure Policy.
My fifth year decorating a Christmas tree for the Michaels Makers Dream Tree Challenge. I’ve always named my trees. This year it’s “Mrs Claus Cottage Christmas Tree”! We all know that Mrs Claus does a lot of the work at Christmas! And, of course, she needs a relaxing spot to sit by the fire, drink hot cocoa, eat a few homemade cookies and enjoy her Christmas decor! So, I’m sharing my version of Mrs Claus Cottage Christmas Tree! All the items on the tree came from Michaels Stores
I really wanted to have a red and white buffalo check ribbon for the tree. The stores have a great selection of ribbons but just not what I had imagined. So, I painted my own ribbon (more details in another post). I watched two Christmas movies, relaxed and painted away! I quite enjoyed painting the ribbon. It has a watercolor, cottage feel – just what I was going for.
A few close-up shots…
Michaels has their largest tree assortment this year, including colored and flocked trees. Check out all of their trees, ornaments and coordinating holiday décor on Michaels.com
Are you inspired to start creating and decorating for your Christmas tree? Make sure you visit Michaels’ blog, The Glue String, to see the rest of the Michaels Makers’ dream holiday trees that were created this year.
- 15 Ways to Style a Dough Bowl For Fall
- 15 Fall Foyer Entry Ideas
- Budget-Friendly Fall Decor Accessories
- Christmas Vacation Party: Griswold Style
- Harry Potter Themed Gift Ideas
- Fall Home Tour
- Christmas Kitchen Tour
- Organization: Kitchen Storage Ideas For Consumables
- Easy St. Patrick's Day Breakfast Idea - Free Printable
- Cookie Baking Party Ideas
- Advent Countdown Calendar Including 100 Activities: FREE Printables
- DIY: Boot-i-licious Halloween Decor