What’s more perfect for Easter than Chocolate Covered Easter Strawberries. Now maybe I’m going out a limb when I say this but strawberries are similarly shaped like an egg. With just the right colors of melting chocolate and some Easter colored sprinkles, you can make the cutest Easter dessert that are also very delicious.
– Chocolate candy melts (We used Purple, Blue, Green, Pink, Orange, Yellow)
– Tea Cup (Or any other container that is narrow and short, for dipping)
– Pipping Bag (Can also use sandwich bag)
– Spring Food Tray – purchased at Michaels
Steps For Dipping the Strawberry:
1. Prepare strawberries by washing them and drying them thoroughly. Making sure they are completely dry is important so that the melted chocolate candy will stick.
2. Melt the chocolate candy each color in it’s own separate container. To melt the chocolate put the tea cup in the microwave for 1 minute at 50% power, then stir it and put it in for another minute (at 50% power) and stir. Continue this process until the chocolate is melted and smooth with no lumps. Do not overheat. All microwaves can vary with the melting process.
3. If the chocolate mixture feels to thick you can add a teaspoon or two of shortening to thin it out.
4. Holding on to the green leafy stem of the strawberry dip the strawberry until it is fully submerged in the melted chocolate.
5. Pull the strawberry out and let the extra chocolate drip of for a few seconds and then place on a tray covered with wax or parchment paper.
Steps for Decorating the Strawberry:
-Dipping in Sprinkles or Candy-
1. Before you dip the strawberry into the sprinkles or candies you need to let it begin drying on the tray. (You will have to experiment with how long this takes, its different with different thickness of chocolate.) The reason for this is because if the chocolate is to freshly melted you will end up with a lumpy, clumpy mess in your sprinkles and on your strawberry. If the chocolate has started to dry somewhat then the sprinkles will stick nicely to the strawberry. (Place back on tray)
-Multi-Colored Easter Strawberry-
1. If you are going to dip the strawberries in another color you need to let the chocolate completely dry. They dry much quicker in the fridge if you want to speed up the process.
2. Once the strawberries are dry dip the strawberry in a different color as far up the strawberry as your heart desires.
3. Once again you need to let it completely dry if you want to dip it again in another color, or only partially dry if you want to dip them in sprinkles or candy.
-Pipping the Strawberry-
1. Make sure you melt the chocolate in the tea cup or glass container before you spoon it into a pipping bag or sandwich bag. Add a teaspoon or two of shortening to make it more workable to use in a piping bag.
2. Cut a small hole for the chocolate to squeeze through.
3. Squeeze out the chocolate into any design you please. Stripes, spirals, hearts, the options are endless.
4. You can stick little candies on the freshly dipped chocolate for a more elaborate design.
Now stick those darling chocolate covered Easter strawberries in the fridge until you are ready to serve them. (You must put them in the fridge and eat them within a day after making them.) Place them on a serving tray for a party, or let your kids snack on them during this Easter holiday.
This post contains affiliate links.