This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Staples, but all my opinions are my own. #StaplesBTS #pmedia http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
It’s time to start getting ready for back-to-school and usually this means your kids will be getting a new teacher. What better way to make a first impression than to give your teacher a gift they could really use – Sharpie Products!!
I’ve come up with the cutest back-to-school teacher gift idea – red paper plates, ribbon and green craft foam create an “apple gift tote”. It’s simple to make and adorable!! I showed it to my sister-in-law who is a school principal and she wanted me to make it for all her teachers! Sharpie Products is the perfect gift to fill the apple tote for a teacher gift from your child!
I came up with the quote “a teacher sharpies your mind and colors your world” that was made into a chalkboard printable. Isn’t that fitting for adding Sharpies to the gift tote??
Staples has the best sale on Sharpies! Starting August 10th all Sharpie Fine and Ultra Fine Markers and highlighters will be on sale until supplies last. Shop the Staples online Sharpie store for the best selection. An inexpensive gift that anyone can use!! Stock up on these sales – I even gave a package of Sharpies for a white elephant gift exchange one year. It was a year of nice gifts and the Sharpies was a hot commodity!!
SUPPLIES for gift tote:
- Red plates (make sure the backs are red or you will need to paint the back with red craft paint)
- Craft Foam – one green adhesive sheet
- Houndstooth Ribbon
- Chalkboard Ribbon
- Free Printable (see bottom of post)
TOOLS to create gift tote:
- Hole punch
1. Place two red plates insides together and tape (temporarily).
2. Cut a piece of paper to use as a template for the spacing of punching the holes (see image on right). Punch holes about 2 inches apart and 2/3 of the way around the plates. You will want to leave an opening at the top to insert the Sharpies.
3. Check how long you want your ribbon before cutting. Thread the ribbon through the holes and around both plates. Tie a knot at the top of the hole. With the long piece of ribbon attach it to the other side of the plate (where you first started threading). This creates a loop and handle.
5. Cut out the green craft foam to create leaves and adhere to the top of the plate. I used the adhesive foam so it was very easy to stick onto the plate.
The chalkboard printable was made by my dear friend Donna from Swish Printables. If you need party printables or a custom design, make sure to check out Donna’s site. Love her printables!
To receive your free chalkboard printable “A teacher sharpies your mind and colors your world” enter your email here
I’ve been in love with Sharpies for years. Don’t you love the colors?
Ultra Fine pens are also a favorite of mine!!
I placed the Sharpies inside the gift tote with some tissue paper. The gift tote became a darling chair decoration for a back-to-school breakfast for kids. I pinned the tote to the back of the chair. Your kids can take the gift to their teacher for their first day of school! Look for more details soon about the school theme breakfast.