“So many smiles begin with you”. Darling quote for a nursery or any room for that matter. Erica Turnbow designed this grey nursery with pops of color for her little guy. She also gives instructions on how to make this large nursery wall art. The room wall paint is Olympic Quill (d16-2) Lowes. The darker shade is Olympic Stormy Weather (d16-3)
Part of the quote “so many smiles begin with” words were cut out on the Cricut machine using clear contact paper. The letters were placed on the board and then painted over (the contact paper was then removed). The word “you” is the Marcell font shown below that was freehand painted by Erica. I’m not good at freehand drawing. So I use an inexpensive art projecter for tracing my projects.
Thank you Erica for answering our questions…
Any do-it yourself projects?
- I recovered the glider in the room with Amy Butler’s Solid Olive
- I made the bunting above the windows out of scraps I had in my closet
- I outlined cheap curtains with brown binding tape with wonder under
- I created the alphabet poster in Illustrator and had it printed at Kinkos to fit a thrift store frame that I painted white
- I decoupaged the lamp and the letters used for his name
- I hand painted the “So many of my smiles” sign”
Please share any bedding, art, furniture finds? What’s your favorite purchase?
- Bedding is Dwell Studio’s Robin Motif (this bedding has been discontinued)
- Vinyl from etsy.com
- crib purchased from walmart.com
- dresser purchased from amazon.com
- My favorite purchase for this room was the glider. My sister-in-law helped me transform my $5 garage sale find in to something that I love. It fits perfectly in my son’s room and is used every night to snuggle in!
More room information here. Thanks Erica for sharing!