Party Tip: Use a Curling Iron to Heat Seal Bags

Use a curling iron to heat seal cellophane bags (not plastic bags). This is perfect way to make party favors for cookies, etc. - Design Dazzle
I shared this tip before for these adorable favor bags. So in case you didn’t see it – this is a great tip for sealing goodie bags for parties. Use an old curling iron or flat iron to seal cello bags. The bags need to be Cello or Cellophane to work. Cookies, candies, favor items and anything needing to be kept fresh work well in a sealed bag. Place the items in the cello bag and place the bag between the heated curling iron hold in place 5 – 15 seconds (depending on the temperature). You might need to seal it again if your curling iron isn’t hot enough. Beware – flat irons are extremely hot. I turn my flat iron on and then unplug it to let it cool enough that it doesn’t melt the cello. The cello bags seem to do better with a flat iron that isn’t sizzling hot.  Sealing a cello bag with a curling iron is the same premise as using an industrial impulse sealer.  I wouldn’t use an expensive flat iron to seal cello bags.

Posted on August 22, 2012

Categories: creative ideas, diy tutorials & creative ideas

Comments

1. Fancy says:
    August 22, 2012

This idea is amazing! I have a couple old curling irons that I don't really use. Definitely going to give this a try, thanks for sharing!

fancyco.blogspot.com

2. Jeannie Clemens says:
    August 22, 2012

Digging out the 2 curling irons I put in the garage sale box right now…

3. mia james says:
    August 23, 2012

What a great tip. Curling and flat iron isn't just to style the hair but also to seal cellophane bag. Amazing. Thanks for sharing it with us. This will be useful.
    embroidery perth

4. designdazzle.blogspot.com says:
    August 23, 2012

You're welcome! Just make sure you aren't using plastic bags : )

5. designdazzle.blogspot.com says:
    August 23, 2012

I'm so glad you still have the garage sale box at your home. Nothing like giving an item away and realizing the next day you still need it.

6. designdazzle.blogspot.com says: