Sock Monkey Party

Unbelievably cute Sock Monkey Party by Bethany Chase! How adorable it this? Sweet candy and even sweeter decor! I love this theme!

Sock Monkeys have been around for about 80 years and have been making a big comeback the last few years! Usually the Sock Monkey is made with red heel socks. But, I have also seen some really cute pink and colorful Sock Monkeys.  Bethany Chase came up with some fun ideas using the classic stuffed animal for her son’s birthday party. Bethany says, “We had this sock monkey party to celebrate the second birthday of my son, Carter.  I made the bunting and the labels for the candy and favors on Photoshop.  The kids made sock monkey puppets using brown paper bags (from the dollar store!).  I made the templates for the sock monkey on a manilla folder, and then just cut out all the pieces on 12×12 card stock scrapbook paper.  We used an assortment of glass jars and containers for candy–all coordinating with the brown and red color theme of the party.”

Make your own Sock Monkey Puppet Directions. I love this idea!

Puppet and photo booth prop.

Is this the cutest photo prop booth ever?? Bethany created quite the darling party!

via here.
Did you know the sock on the left is a vintage red heel sock and the new version sock is on the right?

A few party supplies to make your Sock Monkey Party special…

11″ Brown Big Polka Dot Balloons
Red with White Polka Dot Balloons
Red Swirl Pops (24)
 Red & White Polka Dot Gift Wrap 16 Foot Roll

Radio Flyer Little Red Wagon

Sock Monkey Party Decor

Kraft Gable Boxes
 Red Gable Boxes

Posted on March 11, 2012

Categories: boy parties, classics, fabulous parties, girl parties, monkey, parties for boys and girls

Comments

1. Country Wings in Phoenix says:
    March 11, 2012

Good Morning Toni Sweetie…
    Oh my gosh does it get any better than this? I love this share. The little sock monkeys were my era and I remember one that my little brother carried around forever. (In fact he still has it. LOL)

I love the party set up that you have. Look at the wonderful candies and the little puppets the kids made. Just fantastic. What a fun time. Aren't the photos PRICELESS?

Love the idea of the polka dotted balloons and the little red wagon. Just to darn cute. You reall outdid yourself sweetie.

Thanks so much for sharing this morning. I have a little grandson that will turn 2 in June. You have got my mind spinning. Have a glorious Sunday. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

2. Beansieleigh says:
    March 11, 2012

ADORABLE!!! Love the idea of a sock monkey party, but must admit I've never HAD one, and never MADE one before… I will most definitely have to remedy THAT one of these days! Enjoyed stopping by this party today, and hope you're enjoying your weekend! ~tina

3. Thisishollywood says:
    March 12, 2012

A altered and beautiful acceptation is basic in these blur backdrop that can change the absolute accent and affection of your affair setting.
    More..

Movie clapboard

4. Zsa Zsa says:
    March 12, 2012

I love crafts even if I'm not sure I'm very good at it. I think I will attempt making the sock monkeys very soon.

5. Stacey Wright says:
    March 12, 2012

That is down right adorable!!! Thanks for sharing you really did an awesome job. I love sock monkeys and I love how the whole theme just comes together!

6. Handicraft Passion says:
    March 13, 2012

great and amazing sock monkeys… well done

7. Nuha says:
    March 13, 2012

how creative! I love sock monkeys!

xo

8. Sock monkey fleece fabrics says:
    March 14, 2012

I had plans to use this theme on my kids birthday party!

November 27, 2012

Thank you for some other fantastic article.

The place else may just anyone get that kind of
    info in such an ideal approach of writing? I have a presentation subsequent week, and I'm on the search for such information.
    Feel free to visit my web page free iphone

November 27, 2012

Hey would you mind stating which blog platform you're working with? I'm planning to start my
    own blog in the near future but I'm having a difficult time choosing between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something
    unique. P.S Apologies for getting off-topic but I had to ask!
    Take a look at my sitepiano lessons