Summer Camp: 20 Ways To Use Pool Noodles

Design Dazzle Summer Camp starts today! For the next month, Monday – Friday we will post ideas and projects for summertime fun with kids! We have an amazing group of Camp Counselors (awesome bloggers) who will feature upcoming posts on great ideas and activities.

Summer Camp: 20 ways to use pool noodles:

Pool noodles are such cheap fun play things – in and out of the pool.  Pool noodles are made of polystyrene foam and are usually pretty inexpensive. I was at the Dollar Store recently and saw oodles of them. Here’s a list of 20 ways to use pool noodles in and out of the pool…

My Little Gems came up with slicing pool noodles and using the pieces as a fun lacing and pattern activity.

How-to make a light saber with pool noodles.

Traveling on summer vacation and need a cheap and easy bed rail? Make a bed rail with pool noodles.

Pool noodle cut in half lengthwise makes for a fun race car track.

Use pool noodles and duct table to make jousting sticks.

Go here for complete instructions on how-to make a kids car wash using PVC pipe, pool noodles, etc.

A Harry Potter Quidditch tournament using pool noodles, hula hoops, etc looks like a lot of fun!

A cardboard box at the end of the marble race track catches all the marbles.
Practice your kicking skills with a goal post made of pool noodles.
A pool noodle, a garden hose and a couple of household items make a really cool sprinkler!
Make really cool shapes with Noodleblox connectors.

No-sew play cupcakes made with pool noodles.
Gather odds and ends around the house and have the kids make art with pool noodles. Show it off at the “art gallery”.

Have a budding architect or engineer? Perfect chair project to try and figure out using pool noodles.

Pool noodles are a great idea for an obstacle course.

Make a floating pool shade for babies and little ones using pool noodles and pvc pipe.

Really…Pool Noodles???? Yep, this is a fake rock made with bits and pieces of foam pool noodles, covered in duct tape and wrapped with pantyhose.

Make a sculpture with pool noodles.

Make a headboard out of pool noodles – works especially well for a beach themed room.

Last but certainly not least – a creative and very talented dad came up with some heavy duty extraordinary fun with pool noodles.

Do you have ideas or projects for summer time fun you would like to share with our readers? Fridays will be our linky party and giveaway day! All of the link-ups need to be related to summer fun with kids (babies, kids or teens). I will choose a few of my favorite links to feature over the weekend. Our first linky party will be this Friday July 1st.

Swim Noodle         ZazzoodlesTM 5              Swimming Pool Noodle Connectors
   Swim Noodle                Lights for The Inside of Your Pool Noodles    Noodle Connectors

Posted on June 27, 2011

Categories: crafting with kids, diy tutorials & creative ideas, holiday awesomeness, summer camp, summer camp

Comments

1. Lori says:
    June 27, 2011

Awesome! I see a party in our future full of obstacle courses and such made from noodles!

2. Patita says:
    June 27, 2011

Very nice!! I liked all ideas!! Thank you!

3. Erica @ Doodles and Doilies says:
    June 27, 2011

These are such great ideas…and so cheap! I love it!

4. Scavenger hunt says:
    June 28, 2011

Thanks for sharing such a nice way of thinking… I like your all ideas. These ideas make a lot of fun in the world of kids…

5. Michele says:
    June 28, 2011

Now that is what I call using your noodle! 🙂 Looking forward to seeing and sharing on friday! xoxo michele

6. Nikki says:
    June 28, 2011

Hi Toni,

Wanted to let you know that I wrote about your post at http://www.StarfishLiving.Blogspot.com. Thanks for the great post!

7. Mandalynn says:
    July 1, 2011

LOVE it!! 🙂 And, I may actually have to go out & buy a couple now, since we're going on vacation & my 3yo son hasn't slept in a "big boy bed" overnight before… SO SMART!! 🙂 And cheap!! 🙂

Loved all the other ideas, too!! 🙂 So creative!! 🙂

8. becky says:
    February 23, 2012

I saw your lightsaber/pool noodles on pinterest and made them for my kids this past weekend! Thanks for a great idea! I referenced you on my blog:

9. GeekMomJen says:
    May 14, 2012

I use pool noodles to make door protectors for our doors so the baby doesn't get his fingers smooshed. You just cut across and make a circle, then slice the circle on one side and you have a 'c' shape that fits over your door so it won't close all the way.

July 15, 2012

what do you use to make big suckers wrapped in cellophane as the poles?

July 29, 2012

For the use of the noodles over the bed, they make a great pin it board. Pin your papers, pictures, ect.
    Also just hang one noodle anyway on the wall or make a circle or x or your name and they make great pin it noodles, to hold your notes, pictures, ect….cut them in half and they are easier to hang and ya have 2 pin it noodles for the price of one:)

12. Laura | Baking Outside the Box says:
    August 2, 2014

Just love this round-up of pool noodle ideas. The cupcakes are my faves. Thanks

April 20, 2016