DIY: Headboards For Kids and Teens

Complete instructions for this hip “big girl” headboard are shared here. Headboard stencil found here. Paint found here.

Using 30 IKEA Malma mirrors, the homeowner created a sophisticated headboard.  Adhesive squares were used to attach the lightweight mirrors to the wall. Image from here.

“Fashion your own graphic headboard with playful and chic stencils. To duplicate this look, cut a curvy headboard from medium density fiberboard (MDF) and paint a base coat. When it’s dry, use a stencil roller to apply a trendy damask design in a cool contrasting color. Continue the theme by stenciling your design on accent pillows, too.” Better Homes and Gardens.  Image from here.

Plaid Stencil Decor - Anna Griffin Signature Series - Garland Rhapsody - Wall Border / Wallpaper Laser Cut Stencils                                           Stencil Decor Stencils - Victorian Alphabet
Plaid Stencil Decor – Anna Griffin Signature      Stencil Decor Stencils – Victorian Alphabet

Posted on March 20, 2011

Categories: diy projects, diy tutorials & creative ideas, kids room ideas, stylish kid's rooms

Comments

1. Hope says:
    March 20, 2011

Any idea where the green flower light fixture is from? Thanks.

2. Love the soft fresh colors in the 1st one and the funkiness of the orange and white headboard.

Kendra aka "Domestic Princess in Training"

3. Karena says:
    March 20, 2011

Oh I love these fresh fun ideas for kids!!

xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

4. CraftCrave says:
    March 20, 2011

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [21 Mar 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

March 20, 2011

Great, i found what i 've been lookin for

6. Belly B says:
    March 21, 2011

Oh my goodness, that headboard is just delicious! Thanks for sharing :)

Belly B

7. Country Mouse says:
    March 21, 2011

Super cute ideas! We are in the process of changing our 17 yr old's room. She went from boring "sugar cookie" to "pink, black and white". The problem, her pine furniture doesn't match her "new look". What to do? I won't paint it because it was pretty pricey. And teens seem to wanna change their rooms quite often. I do think we can make a headboard to match though. Thanks for the inspiration.

March 21, 2011

Als Newbie bin ich immer auf der Suche online nach Artikeln, die mir helfen kann. Danke Wow! Vielen Dank! Ich wollte immer in meiner Website so etwas zu schreiben. Kann ich an Ihrer Post in meinem Blog?

9. Jake Friers says:
    April 1, 2011

Yesterday my sister asked help from me. She wants to do a minor makeover for her little girl's room. Instead of buying a new bed, I want to repair it. Hmmm… I guess I'll just need to add a head board for her bed. Can you give me any ideas about head board designs?