From My Home To Yours – Merry Christmas!!

I love the Christmas season – it’s very important to me. If I could have all my blog readers over for a Christmas party, I definitely would!!! So in lieu of coming to my home, here are some photos for you…Our memory tree – we decorate our tree with ornaments that represent a memory i.e. vacation, halloween costume, our loves, activities, kids sports, etc.  For example – when we go on vacation to a certain place we purchase an ornament for each child (sometimes I’ve found ornaments after the fact at discount stores). When my kids get married and settled they will receive all their own ornaments from their childhood : )
Here are some examples of our ornaments…
Elvis – Husbands Elvis Halloween Costume
Lion – The Lion King Play
Tropcial Fish – scuba diving
Raggedy Ann – Halloween costume
Bus – the kids riding the school bus to school
Ship – cruise
Capitol Building – Washington DC trip
Football jersey – son played football in HS
Ballet slippers – my daughter who is a ballerina
Bulldog – for the dog my daughter wants but is not getting anytime soon: )

Yummy goodies available to snack on during Christmas.

Our Living Room Christmas Decor….

Great way to display Christmas cards in our entry way.

The true meaning of Christmas.
 This post contains affiliate links at no extra cost to you.  For additional information, please see our disclosure policy.
 Check out some ideas to purchase ornaments to start your very own Christmas Memory Tree:

Christmas Ornaments

Vacation Themed Christmas Ornaments

Hobby Themed Christmas Ornaments

To all of my readers…Merry Christmas!! Our regular blog posts will be back on track December 27th.

Posted on December 23, 2009

Categories: all about design dazzle, christmas, creative ideas, diy tutorials & creative ideas, holiday awesomeness, holiday ideas, toni's projects, ideas and tips

Comments

1. Katie Bug says:
    December 23, 2009

Your home is beautiful. I love the memory tree. Those ornaments will have such rich meaning to your kids in the years to come.

2. Elle's Mom says:
    December 23, 2009

Wow! Beautiful decor. I especially love the way you displayed your holiday cards. What a wonderful and creative idea. I'm totally copying you next year 🙂 Merry Christmas!!

3. Rach says:
    December 23, 2009

Lovely home! I love the memory tree idea.

4. Lori says:
    December 23, 2009

Lovely pictures!

5. Kim @ NewlyWoodwards says:
    December 24, 2009

Wow! That first photo took my breath away. Hands-down, my favorite decor picture this year. =)

Merry Christmas!

6. Andrea says:
    December 24, 2009

Every year since I was born my Mimi (Paternal Grandmother) has always taken me on a shopping trip for my birthday Nov. 28th. We go to a Christmas themed store of some sort, and I pick out something for my home or tree. Every ornament on my tree and decoration I have in my home have come from 28 years of this tradition. My boys, now receive home made ornaments from her. She takes glass balls and fills them with a picture on Vellum. Those will be really special for them when they have their own home. Another tradition I always remember from her is a balloon tree. On my birthday she would stick a branch w/out leaves in a giant old fashioned milk can, decorate it with lights and balloons each year a different color theme 🙂 sometimes she'd put ornaments on it that I still have to this day. There would always be a specific color balloon for the number of years I was turning. At the end of the night I would light sparklers one for each year of my age and then when they burnt out I would get to pop my balloons with a needle. I have begun this with my boys 🙂 They LOVE their balloon tree!

7. Muthering Heights says:
    December 24, 2009

Your home is BEAUTIFUL!!!

8. Allyson/HBMomof2 says:
    December 24, 2009

You have a beautiful home. I love the built ins flanking the fireplace. We've been tossing that idea around for sometime and yours are gorgeous.

Thank you for sharing the beauty you have brought to you home for the holidays. I have been begging for a second tree and I think, thanks to this post, this year is the year it gets purchased for next year! Merry Christmas.

9. Lisa S says:
    December 24, 2009

Toni – Your home is beautiful as always. Miss you guys. Merry Christamas

10. mary gendron says:
    December 24, 2009

So beautiful! Thanks for sharing. The ornament idea is great…I still have all my ornaments. 1 for every year of my life and my parents still get us kids (and now grandkids) every year. It always has the year on it as well. Merry Christmas!

11. Nicki says:
    December 26, 2009

Absolutely beautiful home….I too have stolen some ideas! You are very creative! Merry Christmas!

12. Kasey Hunt says:
    December 26, 2009

Such a beautiful, warm, inviting home. You have such a talent for decorating. I like the idea of displaying the cards on the trees like that. Thanks for the inspiration.

13. Evalina says:
    December 27, 2009

i LOVE your nativity scene. do you have any info on where to buy one, or a similar one? thank you.

14. writing4612 says:
    December 27, 2009

The decorations are gorgeous! The card displays are beautiful…and unique.

15. designdazzle.blogspot.com says:
    December 27, 2009

The nativity set was made by my husband and I when we were newlyweds (along time ago). I had to talk him into taking this on – but he actually enjoyed it. We purchased greenware (unfired pottery), cleaned it, glazed it and fired it in a kiln (several firings). Ceramic shops are a perfect place to find these type of nativity sets. This nativity set wasn't cheap – but as you can imagine it's priceless to me.

16. Nancy says:
    December 29, 2009

Amazing Christmas decor!

December 29, 2009

ooh and aah – wonderfully impressive…

18. Sarah Lunt says:
    January 8, 2010

Beautiful! The photgraphy turned out great – I must say that your home is beautiful in person and in pictures!

November 17, 2012

Beautiful!! What king of lights do you use they are so bright,and on the tree how do you do your lights.

20. Cheryl says:
    December 2, 2012

Your memory tree is a terrific idea! I am 58yrs young (I’m forever 30:-) )and I still have all of my childhood ornaments and even some that were from my mom’s childhood! I don’t have a family of my own, and am an only child, parents are both gone now, but I am still spoiled at christmas! lol I have 4 christmas trees: 1 with pink orn, my favorite color, 1 with childhood orn, 1 with all angels (I’m a collector) and 1 with all cats (I collect these too, 4 indoor only, 10 strays, and of course orn lol). I need another house just to store all of my christmas decor! It’s always been my favorite time of year, celebrating the birth of Jesus, our Lord and Savior! We wouldn’t be here without him. Oh, and your pink tree that you designed for Michael’s Design Challenge is now going to be my 5th tree in my bedroom!!!! Love that tree! And now I want to make a nativity scene similar to yours! I’m in process of repurposing an antique piano into a fireplace surround and it will be adorned with the new nativity scene. I still have mine from my childhood too! Thanks for sharing your creativity and your beautiful home. Merry Christmas and God Bless you and your family! And all of your readers, too!

• toniroberts says:
      December 2, 2012

Thank you for your very sweet comments. It is a wonderful time of year and especially celebrating the birth of Jesus. I very much agree.
      Have a special and joyful Christmas!
      Hugs,