Bunk Beds For Kids Rooms

Doll House Loft Bed

Doll House Wood Loft Bunk Bed

A bunk bed is a fantastic solution for a room with limited space. Bunk beds are characterized by a top bunk and a bottom bed, which allows you to maximize floor space in small rooms. There are many types of bunk beds to choose from – standard, L-shaped, triple bunk beds, loft bunk, etc. Loft beds are great uses of space; they feature a top bunk, and sometimes also have a bottom bed, but the main distinction between bunks and loft is that loft beds have built-in components, such as chests, desks, or shelves.

When my son was five, I designed an astronaut room – complete with slide attached to the bunk bed. A bunk bed was given to us and we painted it bright red. Our contractor built a simple platform and attached one of those yellow home depot plastic slides to the top. If only my earlier photos were digital, I would post a photo of the bed – it was quite clever and a hit with all the kids. I’ve gathered several photos of some fun, creative and space-saving bunk beds:
This unique three mattress bunk features lots of storage space, bookshelves, drawers and a trundle bed.

Have you ever seen a couch that converts into a bunk bed? This is way cool and the cover is fully removable for easy cleaning; there’s even a ladder. Did a clever mom invent this?

This reminds me of cruise ship bunk beds; clever plan for limited space – image from here.

Pirate ship bunk bed; image via here.
image via here.
The children’s shuttle bunk bed has room for two twin sized matresses (one up and one down).

The nested bunk bed was designed as a flexible solution to a common living situation in third world countries. The bed can fold away when not in use, to provide more space. Four bed sets, sleeping a total of 20 people, were installed in an AIDS orphanage in South Africa – so genious.
This ikea bunkbed went from this:

to this:
Dad hack sawed the bed apart to make two loft type bunk beds – to save space. Clever!

Cappuccino Loft Bed only $580 includes bottom bed.

Want to build your own bunk bed? Bunk bed plans from 3-in-1 Bunk Bed U-Bild Plan

Study Center Loft Bed
White twin loft bed

White Twin Loft Bed

School House Student Loft Bed

School House Student Loft Bed in White

Doll House Loft Bed

Doll House Wood Loft Bunk Bed

Posted on May 15, 2009

Categories: kids room ideas, stylish kid's rooms

Comments

1. Joanna says:
    May 15, 2009

I love what they did to that Ikea bed…Wow!

We bought a set of bunk beds with book case head boards and for now each girl has one bed in her room. One day we will put those together for the younger daughter when the older one gets a full size bed. Bunk beds are so versatile!

May 15, 2009

Joanna,
    Thanks for all your comments- they make my day! I tried to see if I could post a comment on your blog – but I didn’t see where I could do that.

3. Staci says:
    May 15, 2009

I have been looking forward to this post! Attractive bunk beds are so NEEDED in the design/decorating world!! Great Post! Have a nice weekend. Staci

4. Ali Rockwell says:
    May 27, 2009

These are all amazing! I’ve never seen anything like that couch/bunk bed… incredible.

November 18, 2009

It was certainly interesting for me to read that blog. Thanks for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

6. Bunk Bed says:
    October 29, 2010

Awesome bunk bed ideas. Just when I think I've seen it all, something else comes along like the spaceship bunk bed. I'll be back for more inspiration.

7. Bunk Beds Melbourne    says:
    December 24, 2010

These are all amazing! I've never seen anything like that couch/bunk bed… incredible.

8. bunk beds for kids says:
    February 16, 2011

These are all amazing bunk beds! Kids will surely love the different designs of these beds. There are various selections that will really go well with the common themes of rooms. Plus, the beds are more convenient for it comes with shelves and drawers.

9. Beds says:
    June 11, 2012

Your decorating ideas are magnificent! Many kids will love these bunk beds.

August 16, 2012

I love the 12th one I get my own privacy at the bottom and my brother gets the top LOL

11. www.rx247.net/ says:
    October 1, 2012

I love Cappuccino Loft Bed in my opinion is the best, looks so affordable

October 12, 2012

Yes it is a great bed and not too expensive!

13. Michael says:
    July 17, 2013

hi there how much is the pirate bunk bed, dimensions and how much would shipping cost to New Zealand Please