Nothing beats an amazing handmade costume. It’s amazing to see the creativity, hard work, and incredible detail that some people are capable of! In some cases, it’s almost impossible to tell the difference between what the costume and the real thing! There are lots of amazing DIY costumes out there that anyone can achieve, but I wanted to highlight some of those costumes that are absolutely mind blowing.
You can find inspiration for your next costume, but it’s also a whole lot of fun to see just how incredibly talented people are! Here are ten of my favorite costumes that are definitely worthy of lots of awards!
- If I saw this on the street, I would definitely think it was just a really awesome topiary – but it’s actually a topiary costume! Isn’t the detail on this amazing?
2. Speaking of awesome detail, look at this adorable Lego family! The shapes, the colors, and all the little details make this family look just like giant sized Lego figures. I love the fun creativity of this!
3. I can’t imagine how long it took to create this Iron Man costume, but it looks like it was worth every minute. I wouldn’t even be surprised if it could really fly! This costume practically belongs in a museum!
4. This French woman and croissant costume is almost too adorable for words. The croissant looks good enough to eat, and the colors and beret would make anyone wish they were in Paris. This wins all the awards for “cute” and “fun” in my book! You can even get more details on the costume right here.
5. This amazing Cindy Lou Who costume looks like it came right from Whoville! Even better, it’s perfect for Halloween and Christmas! You can get your own customized version of this costume here.
6. For any Hobbit fans out there, can you tell that this is a costume and not a photo from the movie? It was almost impossible for me! From the intricate details of the costume to the wig and even the makeup, everything comes together perfectly.
7. This is an amazing costume based off of the movie UP. It looks like the character walked right off the screen! I can’t imagine how heavy that headpiece must be!
8. This genie costume is completely magical! It looks just like she’s actually appearing from the smoke! I don’t know about you, but my first wish would be to have a costume as awesome as this!
9. The creativity and adorable factors of this Spud Wagon are off the charts! The construction of this little truck must have taken a long time, not to mention all the little details, like the drink cups and even little napkin holder! You can find more details about all the work that went into this right here.
10. The beauty of the Beauty and the Beast costume is unbelievable! The dress looks even more beautiful than the one in the cartoon, and it looks like the prince could definitely have come from a beautiful castle. Click here to see other Beauty and the Beast costumes this talented girl made!
It’s amazing to see what people are capable of! There are so many costumes out there that look like they’ve come from another world, and they’re just one of the things that makes this time of year so fun! What was your favorite award-worthy costume? Have you ever made a costume that’s one an award? I’d love to hear about it!
As usual, if you don’t have time for DIY, Amazon has some awesome costumes to choose from!